Discover, Evaluate, Improve & Monitor Performance
Our technology can be used to discover, evaluate, improve and monitor a vast range of performance outcomes based on the context and needs of each client. A sample of performance related behaviours we have measured extensively, includes:
- Improve leadership and decision making
- Increase revenue and client satisfaction
- Drive employee morale and retention
- Enhance corporate reputation
Case studies of how we have improved the above behaviours are provided below.
Our technology can be applied in a completely transparent and privacy-ensuring manner to:
- Discover: Proactively identify performance hotspots, reveal patterns of behaviour and benchmark better practice
- Evaluate: Automatically measure known performance issues to determine their likelihood and impact
- Improve: Rapidly enhance and ingrain the desired performance behaviour
- Monitor: Accurately predict the effectiveness of performance interventions
- Our client is a global organisation listed on the NYSE with 80,000+ employees and operations in the US, Europe and Asia.
- We analysed email metadata to improve leadership behaviour and decision making.
We initially consulted with our client to determine the drivers of effective leadership and capable decision making within its environment. Following this, we deployed GalaxyLens to analyse aggregated communication patterns at the team level, whilst providing individuals with customised and confidential feedback on their personal Virtual Mirror (i.e. dashboard).
Our technology measured, predicted and reinforced the following communication patterns of effective leaders and decision makers:
- They are well connected in their workplace social networks and are regarded as people who can get things done effectively
- They influence people in a positive way and are skilled at helping others to achieve their objectives
- They are prepared to adapt to situations when the need arises and know how to involve the input and participation of other people
- They respond quickly and frequently to communication from other people and do not continually spam people with irrelevant or unsolicited information
- They proactively contribute to communication that relates to their role and don't wait to be asked
- They use honest language in their communication, which is a balance of appropriate positive and negative sentiment when warranted
GalaxyLens automatically measured the current strength and future likelihood of these behaviours throughout the organisation.
- Achieved over 80% accuracy in identifying the desired leadership traits and decision making capabilities throughout the organisation- this was benchmarked against internal Human Resources data.
- Increased the successful adoption of the desired leadership and decision making behaviour- this was benchmarked against improved customer satisfaction ratings, increased sales revenue and reduced employee turnover.
- Our client is a global professional services organisation with 96,000+ employees.
- GalaxyLens was deployed to improve customer satisfaction, as measured by the Net Promotor Score (NPS).
- We identified and measured the key drivers of customer satisfaction in the client's environment through the analysis of email, calendar and Skype data.
- Customer satisfaction, as measured by NPS, improved by an aggregate of 17%.
This engagement involved a scientific analysis comprising a control group, which did not use GalaxyLens, and a test group, which did use GalaxyLens.
The analysis was conducted over a two year period where 4.5 million emails were analysed each month.
The analysis focused on:
- The level of leadership engagement in the provision of customer service;
- The speed of response and initiative around customer queries;
- The consistency of service quality and focus towards customers; and
- The use of clear and simple language in customer communication.
The GalaxyLens analysis and results were compared to the six-monthly NPS survey results to determine the progress of the control and test teams in relation to their NPS scores. The Team Leaders socialised the GalaxyLens results with their teams once a month for 30 minutes.
- The teams that did use GalaxyLens increased their NPS by an aggregate of 17%.
- The teams that did not use GalaxyLens experienced no improvement in their NPS (in fact they went slightly backwards).
- Our client is a highly diversified multinational organisation with a presence in over 20 countries, which sought to reduce employee turnover.
- We deployed GalaxyLens to analyse email communication patterns to predict employee turnover and enable the organisation to apply more proactive employee retention strategies.
- Our technology identified very early and often subtle changes in communication patterns that led to employee dissatisfaction, disengagement and ultimately, resignation.
- This predictive information was reported at an aggregated team level and a confidential individual level.
- This combination of data reporting enabled Managers to consult with their teams on tactics to improve collective engagement amongst all team members, whilst enabling individuals to reflect on their own level of engagement on a private and confidential basis (only the individual in question can see their own data through their personal dashboard).
- GalaxyLens was able to predict staff turnover changes with over 80% accuracy and nearly 5 months in advance.
- This enabled the leaders of the organisation to proactively develop interventions to prevent unwanted resignations and materially reduce the degree of turnover in problematic areas.
- We deployed GalaxyScope for a client which wanted to measure, predict and improve its reputation in the market.
- We identified groups of social media users who express themselves on the web according to their virtual tribe. Virtual tribes reflect a shared culture and characteristics such as common behaviour, interactions and language styles.
- In addition to other social media and public data, we analysed over 200,000 Tweets from more than 66,000 users.
- The analysis revealed the tribal affiliations of social media users in relation to the brand and perception of the organisation.
- This accurately measured the competitiveness, performance and reputation of the organisation's brand across multiple demographic and market segments.
- The organisation established a deeper and more accurate understanding of its positioning in the market.
- This enabled the adoption of more proactive strategies to improve the organisation's general reputation and its connection with its customer base.
- The Impact of Social Media Presence and Board Member Composition on New Venture Success
- Exploring the Impact of Environmental and Human Factors on Operational Performance
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is: Using Deep Learning to Identify Consumer Tribes
- The Power of Words and Networks
- Identifying Virtual Tribes by Their Language in Enterprise E-Mail Archives
- Finding Top Performers Through Email Patterns Analysis
- Speeding Up Decision-Making In Project Environment
- The Impact of Virtual Mirroring on Customer Satisfaction.
Data Sources, Privacy & Security
Our technology can securely capture and analyse any text, voice or video data stored by an organisation on its servers, whether on premises or in the cloud. This includes email, calendar, collaboration and chat apps and voice and video recordings.
Our analysis strongly respects individual privacy. Only aggregated information is available to management, while individual results are only accessible by the relevant individual. This ensures full GDPR compliance whilst continuing to achieve the optimum level of analytical insight and accuracy.
All data is fully encrypted on the server side, while the analysis takes place on anonymized and encrypted data to ensure maximum information security. This means that data is also protected from potential internal abuse.